- Store coffee in airtight container preferably in whole bean form in a cool dark place.
- Coffee beans are best when freshly ground before brewing.
- Grinder makes or breaks the brew. Invest in a good grinder.
- Grind size matters. In general, if you brew coffee that is ground too coarse, the coffee can be under extracted (weak) and less flavourful. If your coffee is ground too fine, however, the coffee can be over extracted and bitter (strong).
- How much coffee to water determines how ‘strong/ bitter’ and conversely ‘weak/ watery’ coffee.
- Always use off- the- boil water with temperature between 195 F (91C) – 205 F (96 C) the closer to 205 F the better. Boiling water should never be used, as it will burn the coffee.